Monday 13 February 2012

My Reasons for Marriage

Professor Robert Nellis showed us a documentary on modern marriage today called "Thoroughly Modern Marriage." This documentary on marriage presents several ways couples choose to share their lives together. Some get married, cohabitate, live in a distant relationship, or have open relations with other couples. This different options cause me to reflect on the reasons why I would rather get married than "do" a long term relationship any other way.
I agree with Don and Sally Meredith (http://www.crosswalk.com/family/marriage/gods-three-purposes-for-marriage-1195763.html)  when they say that God created marriage to unite man and woman in holy matrimony under Him to:
1.       reflect His Image,
2.       reproduce children in His likeness,
3.       and reign in spiritual warfare.
My exposure to the traditions of my family, friends, and how they view marriage has influenced my opinion to stand firm within my Christian beliefs that it is a holy union in which three persons are united: God, a man and a woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment